Monday, April 28, 2008

Winning the war!

With the fruit flies, that is!

I'm pretty sure (and very hopeful) that I have won.

Before I used to keep my fruit (like apples, tangerines, bananas) out. Well, for some reason we had a really bad influx of fruit flies. I was desperate to get rid of them. I created several traps (made from baby food jars and vinegar, and one w/ a plastic cup, saran wrap, and ripe banana). It seemed like there was no end to them.

I became so obsessive I would stand there with a fly swatter or spray, and just attack, attack, attack! I bleached my countertops and table daily, and began keeping fruit in the fridge. I also bleached my sinks nightly.

Then, when it seemed like they were at their worst - I burned incense in two places where they were the worst, and two days later, they are gone.

I'm not sure if I can contribute it to the incense, or if it was my determination to get rid of them. I bleached my garbage can, dishes were immediately washed and dried, and put away. I sprayed Lysol all over the place.

Many of my friends who have visited my home make comments on how clean it is, and they wonder how I do it with 3 kids, and Kenny. :P It's not easy, but I CANNOT STAND filth.

If you thought my house was clean before, you should see it now. It's insane. I could lick my countertops.

So, take that you nasty ass fruit flies!

No comments: