Friday, April 11, 2008

At 2:30

My life could be changed forever. At least, it's very possible.

The evaluator from ECI is coming today at 2:30, to hang out with Dylan. My mom-in-law, will be coming over too, to help with Natalie and Marissa so I can concentrate on Dylan.

The evaluator is unable to DIAGNOSE Dylan, but I can ask her if she's met other children like my son, and what their diagnoses were.

The weirdo in me wants to make sweet tea, and snacks - like this is some social "fun" occasion. It's not. It's business, but I have heard it's generally painless and that it IS fun, I just don't see how. I'll be sitting here over-analyzing everything the evaluator says or does, wringing my hands, and clucking like a damned hen.

Funny, Kenny does call me and my OL buds the "Cackling Hens".

Typically, I hold up pretty well. I don't break down, and I definitely do not show it. If I'm dying inside, you would never know it, honestly. Right now, I have a lump in my throat, and I want to puke. My hands have only a slight shake to them, but otherwise my demeanor is serene.

When Nan-nan died, I didn't cry. I didn't cry until my Pap-paw sent me a picture of her, 2 months after her death. Then I cried.

I'm not going to cry. I'll most likely break before I cry.

Fingers crossed, please?

No comments: