Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Only boring people get bored.

I don't know if there's any truth to that statement, but damn I'm bored right now.

Laundry is going, house work is done, kids are napping - so there's not much for me to do. It's cloudy off and on or I'd be outside laying out and trying to get some color, but the weather is not permitting.

I have learned a few new things about myself, that I -gasp!- never knew. Apparently, I'm a bitch, I'm a bully, I'm whiny, I'm annoying, and I'm fake.

I can take whiny. Especially lately, I've been dealing with some pretty hardcore shit. I mean, facing the possibility of autism can shake anyone's world a bit.

But the others, oh - the poor soul who said that to me has no idea I'm laughing uproariously at her. I found it all quite funny. If it had been a irl situation, I would have been making faces, much like an 8 year old would do when they're being given a stern talking-to. Or at least stifling laughter and trying to keep a straight face! I'm immature like that. I'll admit that one, too.

Spinning off from the above - isn't it funny how the internet can give someone the freedom to act out like they'd never do irl? I mean, people suddenly have e-balls! I can't honestly see some of these people walking around talking/acting the way they do online, because let's face it - you'd probably get the shit stomped out of you.

I'm not condoning violence at all, but some people have no qualms about using it, especially when they've gotten someone in their face yapping like a high-strung poodle who pisses itself every time it gets overly excited.

Or! Those who come online to find sexual experiences they'd never dare to seek within real life.

Do you think the internet gives one freedom to do as they please, or provides a place to don a fake persona and act like something they would never dare to in real life?

Why do people waste their breath online? I mean, really - what did the above person seek to do by saying those things to me? Can they honestly think I give a rat's ass about their opinion of me?

Someone who I have never met, and never will meet. Who will never have any long-lasting impression upon my life. They are of no significance to me.

It just goes to show, how much people give a fuck about others who don't give two shits about them. I don't get it. Why?

The moral of the story is this: I know many of you deal with the same thing. I'm using my example to express my feelings about these situations. It's not that important. Don't waste your time, as they are doing by spewing ignorant bullshit that goes in one ear and out the other.

It's only a bunch of keystrokes, after all.

1 comment:

Lela said...

Amen, sista! Deargawd, it took just five minutes of talking with you to find you were absolutely NONE of those things! Said person must be jealous of your uber-sexiness!

Tell her to go jump off a cliff.