Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not so free time!

I chickened out on leaving Marissa with SIL, especially since Marissa had been feeling crummy due to teething (at least, that's what we think we're dealing with.

We went to Barnes and Nobles, and I got "The Other Boleyn Girl". I had started to read it before but never finished it! I also bought some scented oil in Lilac, Honeysuckle, Rain, and Orgasm. Yes. Orgasm. I also bought a oil burner but Kenny dropped the bag when he went to pay for his shirts, and broke it. HA!

I ate blackened chicken to hold me until supper, and bought some cookies. We walked around for a little bit and then finally left to go pick up Natalie at SIL's.

We show up at SIL's and we see that MIL and Kenny's Aunt Judy are there. Kenny says, "Wow, mom is here, too?" I didn't think anything of it, and commented that it was most likely due to his Aunt being in town (she's staying with Kenny's sister).

I grab his Aunt's suitcase to help her carry it in, and...

SURPRISE.

There was MIL, SIL, Natalie, and Dylan singing Happy Birthday to me! Oh, it was a sweet surprise! MIL had attempted to make my favorite cake (which is a $45 cake from Rinaldo's in dayton, OH). It was a 3-layer strawberry cake w/ real strawberry and coolwhip topping. DELICIOUS.

We all had a piece. It was such a nice day.

Thank you to my darling husband, who planned this all to make it special for me. Thank you to my SIL and MIL for helping me, and thank you to my kids and their sweet voices.

Let me just say I'm burning my Orgasm oil and wearing a pink nightie for Kenny, tonight. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I loved reading this! Your outlook on life, despite how hectic and crazy it must be, is so inspiring.

I have the twins and I'm always so tired and overwhelmed, and even though you've got THREE and you're at home with them constantly, you never seem to lose it. I'm so glad you had a happy birthday!

The other day I thought of you when I was going through old photos and I found one of me, you, and Chrissy taking a picture with "Santa" in high school. lmfao. It was magical.

937-369-8716. Call/text sometime, lovey.