Sunday, April 6, 2008

I smell like a pina colada!

I've always enjoyed the scent of pineapple and coconut. So much, in fact - I own several things ranging from candles, to room spray, to bath/body items.

They say scents correlate with a person's chemistry - does that make me exotic? Or just beach bound? I don't look exotic (actually, I'm the very typical "Black Irish"), so I must be beach bound. Let's hope so!

Back to the subject at hand, I've been using Virgin Coconut Oil on my hair and face lately. I have to say I'm impressed. I *LOVE* it.

I rub some into my face every night. I get these annoying, tiny bumps on my forehead, and my forehead is smooth. It's help my skin. It's moisturized, it feels soft, it looks healthy! You'd think since it was oil, it'd break me out even more, and leave me with a nasty sheen. Not the case.

I apply it at night, and it absorbs over night. If, for whatever reason, there's a trace of oil left - I just wash it off.

As for my hair, I apply it all over. Coconut Oil is a liquid at 76*F, so it's easy to smooth throughout your hair. I tie my hair up in a bun, throw a towel on my pillow, and leave it on over night. In the morning, I wash it with shampoo twice. It rinses out really well (better than olive oil and almond oil) and leaves me hair very shiny and soft.

I've also read you can ingest it, and it helps with your metabolism. It's such a neat oil, and has many uses. I just had to share my own good luck with it! I suggest you try it if you've been thinking about it.

No comments: