Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not in a good mood.

Forgive me if I'm snappy.

I have a lot of shit going on, and I'm tired of dealing with it all.

Unrelated to the above, my Dad is attempting to buy investment property in Sanford, NC. To begin with, we'll most likely rent it as we save up to either a) buy it directly from him or b) buy a house of our own.

There was one house we all really liked in a great neighborhood. Dad and PJ scheduled a visit and went to see it, but the agent never showed up. Dad finally called him and the guy informs my Dad the house was under contract. Nice job, asswipe. So stand up potential, future clients. That's real good for business.

I've been doing some (almost) daily searching/hunting and have found a few potential houses. Dad seemed to like one I picked out so he contacted the real estate it's listed with. I hope all goes well with this one.

We're just waiting on word right now, for when they want Kenny to come and work. He misses that job, and he said it was biggest regret to leave it.

I'm getting tired of his family trying to pressure us to stay here. This is Kenny's choice, and I support him 100%. Plus, it's a big jump in pay, so when they ask, "Is it worth it?" I just shut my mouth. Of course, it's worth it. It's a HUGE pay difference. He hates his current job, they treat him like crap.

For instance, he's been driving OUR vehicle 150mi a day right now (that's total mileage) to a job site. I thought this was fishy, without them offering to pay for the gas, or any other upkeep on our van. Turns out, they were supposed to be paying him for each mile he had to travel with his own vehicle.

What. the. fuck. Kenny, since working there - I know for a FUCKING fact has traveled over 1k miles for them (and that's just in the past 3mos), and we're just NOW learning about this. Fucking bullshit. I told Kenny he needs to see about getting back-pay for it - but he said if it's too much trouble he's not going to press his luck. It's really shitty and I'm going to give them a piece of my mind when Kenny's 2 week notice is up, when we get ready to move.

I want to move, now.

When we do finally do this, I'll be going to Ohio for about a month while Kenny begins to work, and gets everything settled. It'll be rough being away from him for that long, especially with the kids - but at least I'll have my family and friends in OH to help during this time.

I've just really not been in a good mood of late. It's going to sound incredibly immature, but I feel like an annoyance to people I care about, or I'm just "there". I don't know if this makes sense, or whatnot and I'm not trying to say, "Pay attention to me" but this is just the funk I feel, I suppose.

It's most likely all in my mind, combined with the lack of sleep, moving induced stress, and the worry over Dylan.

No comments: