Sunday, April 6, 2008

That didn't last long.

Sigh. Kenny had been 24 hours without a smoke. I really wasn't getting my hopes up, even though he said his chest had hurt when he smoked. He knows how much I dislike smoking, but I don't hound him about it.

Matter of fact, my Nan-Nan passed away due to lung cancer. She had only quit smoking when she was diagnosed with it. She didn't tell anyone what was going on. We didn't figure out what was up until she landed in the hospital and never left.

I don't want to lose Kenny that way. I don't want our children to experience that.

We had a nice dinner, bathed the kids, and he dressed them, saying he was going to go get the kids a treat. He went and got cigs. When he got back, I just... knew. I asked and the silence was thick.

I feel like he's having a sordid affair with smoking. Why does he feel like he had to sneak? I haven't hounded him about it, at all.

I'm pretty bummed. I don't know what to say to him.

No comments: