Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Electrical fires and tornadoes!

What a fun 24 hours, my goodness!

You've heard me bitch about the electrical wiring about this house so I'll do my best to make this short, and... well, short. Two out of three of our outlets in our bedroom stopped working. Kenny came come, and checked out those two to find they had no voltage to them.

He then goes to turn the main breaker off, and it pops and sparks at him. Great. BIL's cousin comes over to check things out with Kenny since he has a better idea of electrical wiring, etc. There's an outlet that's located behind our headboard, where Kenny plugs his alarm in. They go to check that outlet and there's burn marks on the wall.

All I could think was, "Oh my god, that could have caught our bed sheets on fire, and our heads!" Not to mention that wall is the wall we share with the girls'. Nice, eh? The landlord has been contacted but she hasn't done jack shit about anything yet. Very unsafe, and very unwise.

Some bad weather rolled in today, too. Caused a couple tornadoes, and I could sense the tornado spawning. It got black, the smell in the air changed, and it went from being very hot, still, and thick to cool. I threw myself, Dylan, and Marissa into a closet with blankets. Natalie is at Aunt Kami's. Everyone is alright and you can't even tell we had a tornado.

But you do get to see the burnt up plugs, yes!


No comments: